Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hurricane 1/2 Marathon








So a few months ago my incredible friend Ashley and I were talking about running and decided that it would be "fun" to train for and run a 1/2 marathon. Ashley did the research and found one in Hurricane, Utah. So we trained and ran together a couple of times, hopped in the car and headed for Beautiful Southern Utah....Ahhh the sunshine, no snow and amazing company! I just love Ashley and I dedicate this blog to you girl. You are my hero, I love you to pieces....you are amazing, strong, gorgeous, spiritual, a wonderful mommy and truly one of the most special people in my life! Thank you for an amazing girls weekend of talking, driving, running, laughing, EATING, sleeping, movie watching, did I mention talking, listening, talking some more, shopping, eating, and friendship. It was a very cool weekend. Here's to running 13.1 miles.

3 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

I have been wondering if you had dropped off the face of the earth :) You are an amazing woman!! 13 miles! That is crazy! And you look great! You should go to Enterprise on July 24th and do the Fun run. 6 miles would be nothing to you! We are probably going to be down there, and Ian was planning on doing it, if I get myself motivated, I might do it to.

Lori said...

Holy smokes Shan! A half marathon??? I'm exhausted just thinking about that ... you're amazing!!! I assume you placed 1st and had your picture taken holding a giant check for $1 million dollars?? Is this right? =) Do I have the right visual here? Well, however you did, just know that I'm impressed. Great job Shan!!!

Ashley said...

Ohhh you are the best Shannon!!! I can't tell you how much fun I had-did we even really listen to the radio once while driving in the car...other then our wake-up song! We have got to do at least one girls trip a year-with or without the running (: