Friday, May 30, 2008

Marathon here I come!




Well yet again it has been forever since I blogged and I have to apologize, it's been a very busy and productive month. The last time I wrote I had just completed my first 1/2 marathon. Well I got a little crazy and went ahead and signed up for a full 26.2 marathon. The Ogden Marathon actually. So as crazy as it sounds.....I did it and I did it in 4 hours and 11 minutes. I was very excited because my goal was 4 hours but my realistic goal was 4.5 hours and I was happy with my results. Here are a couple pics that were posted on the Ogden Marathon Website. Can I just tell you it was amazing. I know 26 miles sounds horrible when you consider running it but it went by fast and I enjoyed every second of it. I was with an amazing running partner whom I have to devote this marathon to. I would have NEVER EVER thought it possible to do and even better complete a full marathon!

5 comments:

McQuivey said...

Shannon,

This is Julie Bracken, I found you through Lara's blog. How are you? Your kids are darling!

Congrats on the marathon, that is awesome!!

Email me your address and I will send you an invite to my blog, if you want of course!
conchito21@yahoo.com

Shemri and Gang said...

Hi,
I was looking on Lara's blog and followed the link to yours, my cousin just ran the ogden marathon too! Should check out her pics. Her link is on my blog, maybe you guys saw each other. Click the Angie & Justin link if you want! Congrats on the run!

Ian and Lara said...

You are an amazing women!!! I can't believe you did a marathon! That's why you are so skinny! I can see why you have been busy. It's great to see pictures of you! I miss you and love you tons!

Ashley said...

Shannon you are my hero!! I am so proud to know you-some day I will be right by your side running with you!

Lori said...

I'm seriously calling you "Rock Star" from now on. Unbelievable!!! Can I just tell you how cool I think this is!!!??? You're amazing Shannon! I'm so proud of you!!! Now REST for crying out loud!!!