Me on the Zip Line...ahh scary but fun.
Micayla 13 and Me.
Amy 14 (She lost her dad), Molly 14 (she comes to stay every summer with her grandparents and comes to girls camp)
LaRen 14, Jordyn 12, Sabrina 14, and Hailey 13
Kamilla,YW Secretary, Kristin (our non-member YW), Jessica, 1st CounselorI went to girls camp this last week and it was unforgettable. So much happened in a week it is crazy to think how fast life can change. To start off I played softball last Friday night and hurt my foot (I sprained the top of my foot really bad). Well that started off a chain of events that I am about to talk about. The reason I mention this is because I learned something from it. Okay so I was also signed up to run the Wasatch Back Relay last Friday and Saturday so I already arranged to come home from Girls Camp after Testimony meeting on Thursday night. I just knew my foot would be better but it was actually worse from all the uneven ground I was walking on. Everything happens for a reason, my Wasatch Back team found a replacement, and I was able to be around to support my girls as they came home from camp.
We left on Tuesday morning and it was awesome weather, my little Beehives took it upon themselves to hike 5 miles instead of the 3 miles that they needed to pass off. So I just knew this was going to be a good week. Our first day was amazing. We threw a party for our only Laurel, it was her 18th birthday so we had a Luau for her. It was a blast. As the evening came we were all relaxing and the girls decided to make friendship bracelets. Meanwhile the bishop showed up and had to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately two of my girls who are sisters dad had been killed at work! Let's just say that set the tone for A LOT of spiritual experiences that happened the rest of the week.
To sum things up this is what I learned.
#1- Heavenly Father is always in charge.
#2- Never take anyone for granted.
#3-The church is true, Heavenly Father loves us and personally knows us.
#4- Without the gospel I would be lost.
#5- My YW know how to stick together in time of need and love each other like sisters. They are amazing.
#6- You can go along time without sleep! (We stayed up til 1AM every night and got up at 6:30 every morning.)
#7- Ticks LOVE to sleep in the same bed as you no matter how bad you smell.
#8- Girls Camp is a testimony builder, it changes lives, even the YW leaders lives!
It was an emotional week and I grew a ton and I could look around at each of my girls and see the spiritul progression. These girls came home different. They were closer to one another and they took the time during STILL time to think about their families and their choices. It was an amazing week!

4 comments:
I love your testimony. Those pictures brought back great girl's camp memeories! Hope the foot gets feeling better :)
I'm sorry to hear about your foot. and wow two girls losing their dad's....I think it's great that they had there friends there for support. Your camp looks familiar was it up spanish fork canyon?
Wow! What an experience! I am sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it gets better soon. I can't believe those 2 girls dad's were killed. That is so unbelievable! But how grateful to have the eternal perspective of the gospel, like you I don't know what I would do without it. I bet you are the awesomest leader!
Wow Shan!!! I'm so sorry it's taken me all week to see that you had a new post ... this was such an amazing one too! I'm so sorry to hear about your foot, and even more sorry to hear about the two YW who lost their dad's, that's so sad. I loved reading about what you learned at camp though ... what a great experience! What i wouldn't give for you to be Avery and Ashlyn's YW's leader years down the road ... you are SUCH a wonderful example Shannon, those girls are in good hands! =)
Post a Comment